The Bernard Group is looking for enthusiastic and experienced CNC Operator to join our team. You’ll be part of a talented group that collaborates to deliver world class products to our customers. This role will produce machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine.
Sunday through Tuesday 5:00 am – 5:00 pm
This position initially pays between $17.00 to $24.00 an hour with performance-based increases as well as a generous benefits package.
A variety of these traits will help land you this job if you have:
- a high school diploma or GED
- a two-year Technical or Trade School diploma
- three years’ experience in a CNC role
- worked in a manufacturing environment for 2-5 years
- worked in a fast-paced mid-size company
On top of that you must:
- possess a thorough and organized approach to your work
- pay close attention to details on every project
- have basic computer skills, including Pace and Google Suite
- be self-motivated, a fast learner, and show initiative to seek out customer and corporate needs
- plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage your work
- complete projects accurately within deadlines, while meeting Company quality standards
- apply effective time management and self-management skills
- understand and maintain the confidential nature of company, employee and customer information
- be flexible to change
In this position you'll:
- configure the CNC by entering instructions, set tool registers, offset and conditional switches
- load machine with work pieces
- verify settings by measuring the positions, first run part and sample workpieces
- maintain specifications by observing operations, detecting malfunctions and troubleshooting processes
- perform Quality Control (QC) procedures to meet Company standards
- perform basic maintenance of the CNC
To get hired at The Bernard Group, you MUST be:
- a highly skilled communicator (in English; both written and spoken)
- willing to admit when you make a mistake (it happens to the best of us)
- fiercely loyal to both our customers and team
- trustworthy, reliable, and easy to get along with
- enthusiastic and eager to take on new challenges
- adaptable and willing to wear whatever hat gets the job done
- We're a quickly growing 650+ person visual merchandising company.
- We are 100% employee owned.
- We offer up to four weeks of paid time off after three years of employment.
- We were voted one of the Best Places to Work in Minnesota in 2016 and 2017.
- This is a full-time position in Chanhassen, MN.
The Art of Teams at TBG:
Well before General McChrystal wrote his book, Team of Teams, we came to understand how small teams of top talent with the right chemistry will consistently outperform a centralized production process. We put a great amount of energy into building individual teams in order to handle the speed and details of retail. It’s the difference between average and being a world class service provider.
If you have the talent to do this job, a passion for excellence and are interested in joining the TBG team, please complete the form on this page.
The Bernard Group, Inc.