The Project Manager (PM) works closely with the Account Executive (AE) and/or Account Manager (AM), Senior Project Managers (SPM), other team members and cross functional areas to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget, including outsourcing, coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects per the project schedule, on budget and within quality control standards. The PM focuses on retail merchandising and the concept-through-delivery processes relating to large and small format digital print and/or design, prototype and production of merchandising fixtures and/or environments. The PM establishes a strong relationship with the client and the client’s team (as determined by the AE/AM).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Directs and manages projects from beginning to end.
- Works with the AE, AM and/or Senior Project Manager (SPM) to define print and fixture project scope, goals, deliverables, resources needed, time line, milestones and project costs.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
- Gathers costs for estimating purposes. (AE/AM is responsible for pricing and providing estimates to clients.)
- Makes department managers aware of resources needed in a timely manner and communicates project deliverables and timeline following established TBG protocol and processes.
- Contacts and negotiates with contractors and freelancers, as necessary, within or below project cost budget. Ensure all outside resources have a current, signed NDA (non-disclosure and confidentiality agreement)
- Produces projects using TBG’s systems and follows TBG’s established processes.
- Initiates job orders with ticket numbers and a collection of complete files, art and data/distribution.
- Uploads collected production related files.
- Communicates data and other support information by e-mail and also uses established project management tools and processes to ensure other teammates are aware of project status in real time.
- Stays current with systems and process changes, and quickly adopts to these changes.
- Has a deep understanding of their clients’ brands and associated design requirements and standards, and ensures the teams working on the projects are aware of and complying with them
- Has a deep understanding of their client’s quality expectations and tolerances, and ensures the teams working on the projects are aware of and complying with them.
- Tracks project milestones and deliverables with internal and external resources, ensuring all projects are on track for shipping on time and on budget.
- Proactively manages change in project scope, identifies potential crises, knows when to involve AE/AM, and devises contingency plans.
- Develops and maintains a strong relationship with client contacts as determined by AE/AM.
- Ensure communication and deliverables between TBG and the client are professional, efficient, accurate and complete.
- Keep AE/AM informed of anything noteworthy.
- Consult with the AE/AM before addressing significant issues/errors with the client to ensure the AE/AM is in agreement in how the situation should be handled and by whom.
- Works collaboratively with teammates
- Provides direction to Project Coordinators (PC), delegates as appropriate, and ensures they are meeting deliverables on time and on budget.
- Communicate with teammates and work with them in a manner that is consistent with TBG’s purpose and values.
- Provides performance feedback to team members regarding project successes or areas needing improvement.
- Lead and/or participate in project sunset reviews with other areas of TBG
- Brings ideas to the AE/AM and other operating areas within TBG to improve processes and procedures to ensure TBG is operating efficiently and effectively
- Collects and documents all expenses for the project and prepares invoice information for submission to Accounts Payable per established TBG processes.
Qualifications and Skills
Education, Experience and Credentials
- Four-year degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years’ minimum related experience in project management required.
- Two years’ minimum related experience in print, large and small format print, digital print, merchandising fixture production and or retail industry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong project management skills.
- Understanding of retail merchandising and the concept-through-delivery processes relating to large and small format digital print and/or design, prototype and production of merchandising fixtures and/or environments.
- Ability to organize and or create distribution lists to ensure they conform with TBG’s processes and systems.
- Strong knowledge of project management software, including E-Pace, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
- Able to successfully collaborate with people across several functions within the organization to achieve results, including sales, creative, prototype area, prepress, production, kitting, shipping and other departments.
- Able to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Able to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and effectively.
- Able to make proactive decisions and move forward with projects based on available information; able to think analytically and make a decision from many alternatives.
- Able to supervise and lead PCs, set objectives, work goals and standards, give direction, delegate to and motivate.
- Able to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work in a fast-paced environment. Able to work unsupervised, make high level decisions independently, and solve problems effectively and creatively.
- Able to know when to involve AE/AM if decision requires their involvement.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization.
- Able to develop and give oral presentations to small groups of individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Understand and maintain confidential nature of clients, employees and TBG.
- Show professional knowledge, proficiency and initiative in achieving goals and meeting standards.
- Able to identify, evaluate, problem solve, and give input regarding problem resolution for team and company-wide issues.
- Ability to work with AE/AM to create changes needed to grow revenue at TBG’s target margins.
- Understands and acts consistently with TBG’s purpose and values.
Benefits and Perks
We offer excellent pay and benefits including ownership in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, paid holidays, long term disability, short term disability, 401K plan with employer match, and more.