The Bernard Group is looking for a super-talented Senior 3D Designer to concept, develop, and execute 3D visualizations of retail displays, environments, and fixtures. This person will be a positive, active part of a hardworking creative team that works closely with product development, sales, and other departments. They will be creating cutting-edge design work for some of the top brands and retailers in the world.
This is an on-site position in Chanhassen, MN.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Must have the ability to meet tight deadlines, possess excellent attention to detail and accuracy, and be comfortable working independently.
- Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with graphic designers, 3D designers, project managers, and engineers in the design, prototyping, and production process.
- Adapt and manage client and production challenges with a “can do” attitude in an efficient and timely manner.
- Communicate ideas, concerns and needs of projects both verbally and in writing.
- Develop a working knowledge of production capabilities to better design cost-effective, production-feasible displays and fixtures.
- Ensure all client deliverables are met on a timely basis with consistency and high quality standards.
- Interact with existing and new clients to assist where needed.
Qualifications and Skills
Education, Experience and Credentials
- Design degree (AA or BA/BFA), plus a minimum of 5 years of 3D and Adobe Creative Suite software experience required
- 5 years’ experience in retail design
- Experience and knowledge of production processes
- Understands and is cognizant of retail trends
- Knowledge of materials commonly used for retail signs and displays
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge and experience producing compelling, photo realistic 3D renderings in a time-efficient manner.
- Proficiency with 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, and rendering.
- At least 5 years of experience in Cinema 4D, 3DS Max or similar 3D software.
- Experience generating original digital assets from scratch using reference imagery and client drawings or descriptions.
- A strong portfolio with examples of 3D renderings demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity and a diverse skillset.
- Elevated sense of aesthetics and effective use of color, typography, graphics, texture, and form as it relates to retail displays and environments.
- Advanced skills using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign primarily) to create and modify graphics for use in 3D visualizations.
- Graphic Design background or experience is a plus.
- Receptive to learning new tools and exchanging knowledge.
- Accustomed to going above and beyond.Proficient in MS Office programs like Power Point, Word, and Excel.
- Motivated: Exhibits strong work ethic, is perceptive to workload and cognizant that internal and external client needs may require long or odd hours to be worked.
- Enthusiastic: Has a passion for creative design. Displays effective problem solving skills. Wants to continuously learn and push personal boundaries.
- Innovative: Shows a creative aptitude to find solutions that are not obvious or commonplace and can be adapted and implemented in a mass production environment. Willing to step outside their comfort zone to find and try new techniques.
- Reacts quickly to changes, trends and challenges that each project may bring.
- Client Driven: Strives to understand client needs and wants and can deliver work that consistently meet or exceed their expectations.
Benefits and Perks
We offer excellent pay and benefits including ownership in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, paid holidays, long term disability, short term disability, 401K plan with employer match, and more.